Friday 2 March 2012

Windows 8 Consumer Preview First Review

Yesterday I installed the Windows 8 Consumer Preview using VirtualBox. I was impressed how easy it was to setup the virtual machine and install windows 8.

Start Screen

I had already setup my Hotmail account to be associated with the windows account. My email was already in the mail metro app. 

Mail Metro App

After testing several metro style apps it was time to test the desktop. The new windows explorer was something I really liked but something was missing. Where was the start button???

Windows Explorer

I was so confused… I googled for it and found a video showing that it is where it used to be but invisible???? (holy cow) what was Microsoft thinking??? Now pressing it was not enough, I had to hover over it!!! Why???

Start button
To be exact, I had to hover the mouse over the bottom-left corner. How can I do that with a tablet??? I don't think my fingers are as thin as the mouse…Accidentally I pressed on the windows button on my keyboard… (omg) I have found what Microsoft wanted… it wanted me to change all my old habits,  like never using the keyboard for anything else than typing… ??? (Microsoft, Are you drunk?)


To be continued …

No comments:

Post a Comment